Private Wine Tours off the beaten paths, in the hill country south of Rome!
The area of Ciociara "Cho-cha-REE-a" or province of Frosinone is the destination of your journey. Beginning about thirty miles east of Rome, and spreading southeast for fifty miles with its back against the border of Abruzzo, Ciociaria is a land of green, gumdrop-shaped hills, fertile valleys and high forested mountains. Clean and unspoilt, with huge vistas round every bend in the road.
You can decide to visit the area, just south of Rome where you can taste the Cesanese Docg wine, the wine of the Popes, as they had their summer residence here from the Middle age. You can choose to head deep into southern Ciociaria and reach a wilder and more remote part: the cosy Comino Valley - all soft green undulations and tiny villages. Here you will taste the Cabernet of Atina docg wine, imported during the French occupation in 1800's. You can decide to overnight here in wonderful agriturismo or a B&B and transform your wine tour into a gourmet gateway.
- visit the medieval hilltop villages and castles while tasting selected wines.
- easy train ride from Roma Termini, pick up at the train station by your local guide and ride in a comfortable mercedes van.
- private tour for minimum of 2 to 7 participants
- taste the selected wines of southern Lazio: Cesanese del Piglio docg, Cabernet of Atina doc
- lunch in typical trattorias off the beaten paths tasting authentic food that only locals know
- visit local producers and selected wineries
- tailor-made itinerary to suit your requests and interests
Book your viaromatour today, personal tour by an insider with local knowledge and expertise!
Contact us for customized itinerary and quote: firstname.lastname@example.org