TIVOLI GARDENS AND HADRIAN'S VILLA TOUR WITH AN ARCHAEOLOGIST
The two major highlights of Tivoli are visited on this full day private tour, both villas are UNESCO sites since 2001.
First you will visit Hadrian's Villa, a beautiful tribute to the memory of the Emperor's lover and next Next you visit Villa d'Este, built for Cardinal Ippolito d'Este, Lucrezia Borgia's son and "grandson" of the Pope Alexander VI,
This day trip from Rome is a beautiful and relaxing excursion to escape the hustle and bustle of Rome.
Begin your private tour with a personalized Rome hotel pick up or reach Tivoli by train with an easy train ride from Rome. Your guide will be waiting with a private car at the train station to begin your adventure.
Hadrian's Villa (Villa Adriana) set in a vast green area at the foot of beautiful green hills. Here, in the 2nd century AD, Emperor Hadrian built his suburban Villa and created the most sublime settings for his Imperial Court of about 15,000 people.
Villa d'Este, built for Cardinal Ippolito d'Este, Lucrezia Borgia's son. The Villa, which used to be a convent, was turned into a luxurious Villa d'Otium for the Cardinal who was governor of Tivoli. Built by Pirro Ligorio, most of the hill surrounding it and the town quarter underneath was destroyed to create the most beautiful fountains, well over 100 of which were meant to enact jets d'eau at the sound of the organs.
An incredible tour not be missed on your next trip to Rome!
- Easy train ride from Roma Termini
- Meet your guide at Tivoli train station and ride in a comfortable merceds van.
- Tour led by archaeoligist and qualified guide.
- Private walking tour of the Hadrian's villa and archaeological museum
- visit Villa Tivoli and spectacular gardens
- Complimentary Food tastings with local specialities.
- All entrance tickets included
- The tour can be fully personalized based on your personal interest and timeframe.
For personalised itinerary and pricing information email: firstname.lastname@example.org