SUBIACO: MEDIEVAL ARTS AND STUNNING LANDSCAPE, FOLLOWING THE ROUTE OF BENEDICT!
Over the centuries Europe has seen the growth of many places dedicated to St. Benedict, but Subiaco is the first place where Benedict lived. We know many details about the Patron Saint of Europe, thanks to the biography written by by Pope Gregory the great. I will be happy to share my knowledge with you!
OUR SPIRITUAL JOURNEY IN THE FOOSTEPS OF BENEDICT STARTS FROM SUBIACO.
The Monastery of St. Benedict in Subiaco enshrines the cave (Sacro Speco) in which St. Benedict lived as a hermit before he organized his first monastic community before Monte Cassino. Located amid spectacular natural scenery, the monastery is still active but welcomes visitors to pray at Benedict's cave and explore the church covered in beautiful medieval frescoes. Among the many fascinating frescoes is a portrait of St. Francis of Assisi painted during his lifetime. After the guided tour of the Monastery of St Benedict we will visit the Monastery of St. Scholastica, his twin sister, founded by St benedict around 500 AD with its beautiful cloisters.
- easy train ride from Roma Termini, pick up at the train station by your local. guide and ride in a comfortable mercedes van.
- private tour of the hill top town of Subiaco with medieval castle
- guided tour of the Monastery of Subiaco and the monastery of Santa Scholastica
- lunch in typical trattoria with authentic traditional food & wine
- Enjoy the amazing landscape of the Simbruini Mountains
- tailor-made itinerary to suit your requests and interests
OPTIONAL: ADDITIONAL DAY TOUR TO VISIT MONTE CASSINO ABBEY
- continue your spiritual journey in the footsteps of Saint Benedict and visit also the famous abbey of Monte Cassino where the Saint lived from 529 AD.
The tour can be fully personalized according to your timeframe and request: