Banquet in the medieval tavern: typical food and wine, stunning landscapes from the highest hanging garden in Europe
- Easy train ride from Roma Termini, pick up by your guide and ride in a comfortable mercedes van through the stunning countryside.
- Every day at lunch and also fridays for dinner.
- Private guided tour of the Castle and highest hanging garden in Europe.
- Banquet in a medieval tavern, with typical food and wine included. Drink and eat as much as you want!
- Private tour personalised according to your timeframe.
The Castle of Fumone - The castle of Fumone is A clutch of quiet lanes built around a castle. Less then 40 people live within the walls. The name translates roughly to “big smoke,” and this fortified village was used in ancient times to send smoke signals warning Rome of advancing intruders. The town is a charming labyrinth of narrow cobblestone lanes. Still property of the Marquises Longhi De Paolis, the fortress is a valuable example of an aristocratic residence with a strong military and medieval character. Its position at the top of Monte Fumone (783mt), which also offers a splendid view from the Liri Valley to the Colli Albani, already indicated its different functions, strategic, political and residential. In medieval times, its strategic location led it to be part of an authentic communication system, aptly summed up in an ancient motto: “Si Fumo fumat, tota Campania tremat”, which means "when there is a smoke sign from Fumone, people from Campania - the medieval name of Ciociaria - trembled".
Enquire for cost information: firstname.lastname@example.org