Isola Liri and its stuning waterfall, lake of Posta fibreno and the medieval hill top towns of the Liri valley.
You will be enchanted by the idyllic landscape – soft, green and gold hills backed by distant mountains. A quite and timeless region where the rest of the world’s concerns don’t quite seem to matter. The Volsci, a pre roman population, inhabited the area 3,000 years ago, later enriched by the Romans, and medieval and Renaissance Italians before seeming to turn its back on further development. The result is an elegant, enchanting time-warp – a region whose settlements are overwhelmingly dominated by historical buildings. We will discover the enchanting little town of Isola Liri, with narrow cobbled roads and the natural crystal waterfell, right in the middle of the town, we will continue with the town of Sora by the Liri river and end with the fairy landscape of the little lake of Posta Fibreno with the amazing village nestled on the hill, a land to discover almost unknown to the majority of tourists.
- easy train ride from Roma Termini, pick up at the train station by your local guide and ride in a comfortable mercedes van.
- visit the waterfall of Isola Liri, the lake and medieval town of Posta Fibreno, the town of Sora by the Liri river.
- lunch in typical trattorias off the beaten paths tasting authentic food that only locals know
- enjoy beautiful views, amazing countryside and fairy landscapes
- tailor-made itinerary to suit your requests and interests
Book your viaromatour today, personal tour by an insider with local knowledge and expertise!
Contact us for customized itinerary and quote: firstname.lastname@example.org