Following the footsteps of Saint Paul in Rome.
Full day tour following the traces of Saint Paul in Rome: the prince of the Apostles. According to the act of the Apostles, Paul arrived in Rome through the Appian way, the location where he stopped known as Tres Tabernae. Between 64 and 67 AD, however, Christians had to face the harsh persecutions by the emperor Nero. Paul was arrested, probably imprisoned in the Mamertin Prison together with Saint Peter, and, finally, beheaded in a place south from Rome, called Acquae Salviae.
During our tour we will visit the Basilica of Saint Paul Outside the Wall, one of the 4 Major Basilicas in Rome. We will visit the tomb of Paul and the wonderful little museum. Next, go to the site of the martyrdom of St. Paul at the Abbey of Tre Fontane. Today it’s a peaceful monastery in the heart of Rome, and one of the most venerated places for pilgrims. According to the traditon when Paul was beheaded his head bounced 3 times, miraculously producing 3 springs of water. See the 3 springs that still flow in the sanctuary of the monastery. The chocolate bars sold in the monastery's little shop and other delicatessen produced by the Cistercians monks of the abbey are highly recommended.
Visit the Mamertine Prison where the Apostles St. Paul and St. Peter were imprisoned for 9 months. According to legend, they miraculously made water appear to baptize the guardians.
End our tour in the spectacular Piazza del Popolo to see one of the most beautiful painting of Saint Paul by Caravaggio, the most famous baroque painter of the Baroque era.
- Private tour with pick up from your hotel by your guide
- Qualified tourist Guide specialized in early christian archaeology
- Visit the basilica of St. Paul Outside- the-Wall and and the Tomb of Paul.
- Visit the Abbey of Tre Fontane to see the site of St. Paul's martyrdom
- Tour the Mamertine Prison where St. Paul and St. Peter were imprisoned
- All entrances tickets and pick up from your hotel included
- Visit the Church of Santa Maria del Popolo to see the painting of Saint Paul by the greatest artist of the Baroque: Caravaggio
- Taxi or public transports to the various sites.
For cost information enquire: firstname.lastname@example.org