Gaeta: the pearl of the Mediterranean Sea.
Gaeta: an Italian coastal village wedged into the hills some 60 miles north of Naples and about 100 miles south of Rome. Easy train ride and you will be met by your guide for an unforgettable journey.
The history of Gaeta goes back thousends of years from the time it was the favourite residence of the emperors to the bourbons and to the second world war. It has been a military strongpoint for ages. It has suffered several sieges, the best known being the final stand of the kingdom of Naples: the Bourbon dynasty ended on the 13th of February 1861 under the walls of Gaeta, giving birth to the unity of Italy.
Be ready to admire perfectly preserved roman structures, medieval historical centere and difensive structures from the middle onwards. Nature lovers will be delighted by the beauty of the landscapes that can be enjoyed from here: tall cliffs that rise high above the sea and ample shores that fully extend up to the horizon, where you can even distinguish the peaks of Circeo from those of Mount Vesuvius if the weather is nice.
One of the best places in this area is undoubtedly the Montagna Spaccata, a sort of canyon by the sea, linked to many legends.
- easy train ride from Rome and you will be met at the train station by your guide.
- comfortable mercedes van and driver to tour in full comfort.
- Private guided tours by qualified tourist guide and archeologist.
- All entrance tickets and train tickets included.
- Visit the roman mausoleum of Munazio Planco, the sanctuary of the Split mountain with the turkish grotto, walking tour in the historical center.
- Taste of the typical Tiella (pizza pie stuffed with fish, cheeses, or vetebagle, with the local moscato wine and to finish the typical cake or gelato.
- Customized itinerary according to your interests and timeframe.
For detailed itinerary and cost information please email us: email@example.com