Medieval Castles south of Rome.
Geographically, the area south of Rome resembles Umbria – its pleasingly-shaped hills backed by much steeper, softly-rounded mountains and fronted by immensely fertile valley-floors. Like Umbria too it is unrelentingly green and wooded – olive trees bristling across grassy arcs of hillside, dark conifers and shaggy deciduous trees cloaking the slopes of mountains. With its fresh and relatively cool summer air, Ciociaria and Latina areas have long provided stressed workers from Rome with a respite from the capital’s heat. But to visitors from beyond Italy, the area is almost entirely unknown.
Let's discover with us one of the less travelled area south of Rome, riding in a comfortable van and admiring stunning landscapes.
- easy train ride from Roma Termini, pick up at the train station by your local. guide and ride in a comfortable mercedes van.
- Private tour of two of the most well preserved castles in the region by qualified tourist guide specializing in medieval and early christian archaeology
- Enjoy the multimedia presentations and videos of the medieval life in the region while en route to the various sites, in your comfrotable mercedes van, with reconstruction of life in the middle age.
- lunch in typical medieval tavern with authentic traditional food & wine of the region.
- Enjoy the amazing landscape of the Lepini and Ernici Mountains
- tailor-made itinerary to suit your requests and interests
The tour can be fully personalized according to your timeframe and request: